The ASB has published the ASB Style Guide to assist the Consensus Bodies in the organization and layout of an ASB standard.
The process of the submittal, development, review, and publication of an ASB document can be viewed in this flow chart.
ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
As the voice of the U.S. standards and conformity assessment system, ANSI empowers its members and constituents to strengthen the U.S. marketplace position in the global economy while helping to assure the safety and health of consumers and the protection of the environment.
The Institute oversees the creation, promulgation, and use of thousands of norms and guidelines that directly impact businesses in nearly every sector. ANSI is also actively engaged in accreditation – assessing the competence of organizations determining conformance to standards.
- ANSI Education and Training – Whether you are a newcomer to the standards arena and need to improve your understanding and expand your awareness of the standardization process, or a long-time participant who needs a refresher course or who wants to develop new skills, ANSI’s inventory of training programs contains a match for you.
- Each program is supported by an extensive infrastructure of staff and talented adult-learning professionals. This team is adept at responding to specific issues within the standards community and will work to ensure that you walk away with a thorough understanding of the topic and an action plan for success.
SES – The Society for Standards Professionals
SES is a not-for-profit professional membership society dedicated to furthering the knowledge and use of standards and standardization.
- Standards Aware™, is a collection of eight web based e-learning courses designed for anyone who uses or distributes standards in the workplace. Users can take courses relevant to their needs, or the entire series.
- Publications and Standards – SES has a variety of publications and standards written to assist standards developers and consensus body members in the development process.
- Webinars – The webinars provide an excellent opportunity for education in the areas of emerging and current standards topics. Each webinar lasts approximately one hour with up to an additional half hour question and answer session.
Join our LinkedIn group and connect with other members of the forensics standards community.