The AAFS Standards Board, LLC (ASB) is an ANSI-accredited Standards Developing Organization (SDO). Its purpose is to develop American National Standards, Technical Reports and Best Practice Recommendations.
The ASB has established several Consensus Bodies by specialty area to develop these documents. Click here for a detailed description of the Consensus Bodies.
The ASB works closely with other SDOs and with professional organizations and committees to ensure that we will not duplicate work undertaken elsewhere to develop standards. We have invited liaisons of such groups to participate in each of the relevant Consensus Body meetings.
All Consensus Body meetings are open to all interested parties, but only members may vote. Click here for a Calendar of Consensus Body meetings. If you would like to participate in a meeting, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will then send you information on how to participate in the web-based meetings.
If you have any questions about the Consensus Bodies, the documents that they are working on, or anything else concerning the ASB, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Consensus Bodies are continuing to solicit members in specific interest categories. Click here for a detailed description of the Interest Categories.
- Anthropology: Lacks Consumer Groups and Producers
- Bloodstain Pattern Analysis: Lacks Consumer Groups and Producers
- Disaster Victim Identification: Represented in all interest categories
- DNA: Represented in all interest categories
- Dogs and Sensors: Lacks Consumer Groups, Private Labs/Testing Facilities, Producers
- Firearms and Toolmarks: Lacks Consumer Groups, Private Labs/Testing Facilities, Producers
- Footwear and Tire Tracks: Lacks Consumer Groups, Private Labs/Testing Facilities, Producers
- Forensic Document Examination: Lacks Consumer Groups
- Friction Ridge: Lacks Consumer Groups
- Medicolegal Death Investigation: Lacks Producers
- Patterned Injury: Lacks Consumer Groups, Producers
- Toxicology: Lacks Consumer Groups
- Wildlife: Lacks Consumer Groups, Producers
All meetings of the ASB Consensus Bodies are shown on the public calendar, along with the agenda, and information for participation in the meeting. Please click on the meeting for all of the relevant information. Please send an email to email@example.com with additional questions.
Working Group Notices
The Disaster Victim Identification consensus body has voted to establish a working group to create a roadmap document for development of documents for DVI operations. If you are interested in participating in this working group, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.